Tuesday, August 17, 2010

UFC 117 Fighter Salaries


Wondering what UFC fighters make per fight. Well, here are some of the salary distributions for UFC 117. One thing that I'm going to point out is Anderson Silva and Matt Hughes! Can someone please tell me what is up with this picture? Anderson Silva has defended his belt 8 times with 8 wins. He takes home no win bonus. Why I'm not sure, maybe Dana White didn't find him getting his face smashed for 22+ minutes before being smart enough to trangle Chael Sonnen entertaining enough to award him a couple of extra bucks for pulling off a clutch victory.

Matt Hughes wins. Yay, whooo hoo.. Ok so Matt wins, were used to this. He win's, he loses, he wins, he disappears, he comes back. Whatever, he's a fighter who's been around. But it wasn't a title fight. It was a quick and exciting fight, but not a title fight.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Hughes, but the Silva fight was a title shot. A five round war that ended in a the most unexpected tap with just a few minutes left to go. The Hughes fight was a three round fight. Both earn the same pay out? Something is wront here! Am I wrong?

2 comments:

  1. perhaps Silva's "win bonus" is in the form of something like PPV %

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bring up a good point. I personally don't know how the whole PPV deal and UFC works, but it could be a possibility. Although, I don't know, I don't see Dana White offerig up any PPV money. If Silva got a percentage of PPV, I would imagine all the other fighters on the card might also be entitled to a percentage. Anyone who knows is welcome to shed some light on this.

    ReplyDelete