Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri - A video from DREAM 15 July 10th, 2010

This is just nasty. Aoki is straight up nasty!!! So you won't tap huh, I'll just break your leg and take the victory and your leg if I have to.

Here is the link to the video of the fight fought at Dream 15 in July:

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/10/1562932/shinya-aoki-vs-tatsuya-kawajiri

Now that's a submission!!!!

Here is a link to a short article on BJpenn.com with a quote from Aoki and some details about the fight. Nasty bone breaking little bastard. I agree with the columnist, just tap, it isn't worth it!

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/shinya-aoki-possibly-the-most

2 comments:

  1. what about a choke? would you Just go to Sleep?

    Tap out to punches if your getting beat on but not going to sleep? wait for the ref?

    I'm not a guy that's been in too many fights myself. Never been put to sleep like that. seen in person close up before but never volunteered myself. Been in chokes but never went all the way out

    certainly never had someone pounded on my head while I'm unable to defend.

    I've been in arm bars and leg holds. I tap before breaking.

    Aoki is a mean son of a bitch. Fun to watch though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you what. The smart thing to do is tap. If you know the choke or submission is sunk in, you work your best defense, but there is a time that you know you're not gonna get out. It's best to tap and be able to fight another day.

    Nobody ever wants to lose, but would you rather walk away with a broken arm, torn elbow or destroyed elbow due to armbar, or know that it's sunk in and tap to fight again. If he pops his hips and tears your elbow socket or rips your elbow to shreds, you might not ever fight again.

    I had my ACL replaced, and I'll tell you what. If I was in a knee bar and I knew it was sunk in, I'm gonna tap. I know what the surgery is like and how long it takes to come back form. It's not worth it. Tap and avenge the loss.

    I've been put to sleep several different ways. A rear naked choke is a little different. I'd probably let myself get choked out via rear naked than tap. I'm just not willing to sacrafice a limb or joint to prove that I'm tough enough to let some dude break my shiz. I'd rather figure where I went wrong and then come back and toss him a beatin.

    ReplyDelete