Friday, June 24, 2011

The Names Anderson Silva and GSP Come to Mind!!!

It has been quite a while since I last posted. I apologize for the leave of absence.  I'll be honest, life has been busy, challenging, eventful, and exhausting, but no excuses allowed. I'm back and what comes to mind tonight are two names.  Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre.

I guess maybe I wasn't interested in writing about the hype surrounding Nate Marquardt, his weight cut to 170 lbs. and his upcoming fight against Rick Story.  I simply don't find it that interesting.  If he proves himself at 170, then he'll gain my attention.  For now, I'll let Sherdog cover it. 

For my first return post, I'll keep it short and sweet.  Anderson Silva, still the top dog, still cocky as hell, still unbeatable!  Think of him what you will, but the man has his game strung tight.  He's the king of the mountain and until someone knocks his ass out of his seat, he'll remain the main.  

Georges St. Pierre is one outstanding athlete and an all around good guy.  If the famed Jake Shields couldn't bring him down, honestly who has the ability to do so.  All the hype, all the build up for a good fight, but a loss for Shields.  I mean, this fight was so hyped, so pumped up that you would have thought Shields had already walked away with the belt.  Sorry, not this time.  Here's a Maple leaf, replace your winning streak with this!  No offense to Jake, he's a damn good fighter and other than GSP, obviously unbeatable. 

However you slice the pie, Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre still reign supreme in the world of MMA.  Fans can't talk about fights without these two names entering the conversation.  So, I thought I'd stir the pot and bring it up myself.  Plus, it was a good first article back on the scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment